Over a week ago I wrote to the other three candidates who are standing for the Council Elections on May 5th in Moreton West and Saughall Massie asking them to join with me, and sign the ‘Clean Campaign Pledge’ by the deadline of Friday 15th April. More can be read on that by clicking HERE
As of writing this posting I have to report that disappointingly not one of the candidates, Labour, UKIP or Green Party have responded to my request to sign up to the pledge. You will have to draw your own conclusions as to why?
Here is the Clean Campaign Pledge:
1. To show by our actions that politics need not be a dirty game, but can be a clean and positive activity, engaged in genuinely for the good of all.
2. To tell the truth about what we stand for and have achieved, and about what others stand for and have achieved.
3. To refrain from personal attacks.
4. To make only honest and reasonable promises.
5. To ensure that our respective campaign teams abide by this pledge, whether in print or in conversation with residents
6. To fight a clean, positive and honest campaign around the issues that concern the people of this community
7. In particular, to be honest about public spending, and not to scaremonger in ways that may frighten the most vulnerable members of our society, such as children and elderly people.