Last night, after 24 years of a Labour led Council, the Conservatives and the Liberal Democrats joined forces in a ‘Progressive Partnership’ to wrest control of the Council. Conservative Councillor Jeff Green was elected as leader for four years under the new governance arrangements. The new local coalition also reflects what’s happening nationally. Believe it or not, it is the first Conservative-led Council in Wirral for 24 years.
- The ‘Partnership’ has 42 of the 66 seats
- Conservatives hold 7 of the 10 Cabinet portfolios, the Lib Dems hold 3.
- The Lib Dems do NOT have the leisure and libraries portfolio.
- We will protect key frontline services
- We have implemented a 5% pay cut for Cabinet Members to reduce the cost of politics
- We will Publish details of all Council spending in excess of £500
- We will ensure greater involvement with people on key issues.
- We will work with the coalition Government to freeze Council Tax for Wirral residents
I am delighted and honoured to have been offered the Housing and Community Safety portfolio, and will do my very best to carry out my duties and responsibilities to the people of Wirral. You can read the partnership agreement by clicking HERE